What to Expect from a Class?
- Our goal is to de-mystify how to cook successfully with fresh sustainably grown farm vegetables
- We focus on the farm’s seasonal produce with delicious recipes sure to inspire
- These classes were created for the everyday cook looking for ways to prepare scrumptious meals with a healthy twist
- Lee teaches in an upbeat and lively manner with extremely helpful information and discussion as well as delicious dishes to sample
- You learn up-to-date information about nutritional foods and helpful cooking techniques that you can really use in your own kitchen
- All classes are plant-based and health and allergy conscious. Recipes can be adjusted to accommodate most food sensitivities. Please let us know what your needs might be
Cooking Classes Include
- Sharing of Lee’s or our guest chef’s expertise in health benefits of different foods
- Creative cooking tips and techniques
- Great ideas for purchasing, storing and preparing a variety of nutritious foods
- A tasting of all dishes prepared
- All recipes and informational handouts for class
- Opportunity to purchase Peaceful River Farm sustainably grown produce
- An informative guided tour of the serene and inspirational Peaceful River Farm with Farmer Larry Newlin
PAYMENT and POLICIES:
- Each cooking class listed below is $50 per person, unless otherwise stated.
- When available, you may also select a produce box 5-6 items for an additional $20 payable with registration.
- Reservations for classes are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis, and are non-refundable. If you are unable to make it to class and your seat can be filled from the wait-list, we can gladly refund your money. If your seat cannot be filled, you may send a substitute to take your place or choose another class of the same cost.
- If a class that you have registered for is cancelled/postponed by Lee, you will have the option of 1) attending another class, 2) giving your space to another person or 3) receiving a refund.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR CLASS:
Contact us by email, or pay by credit card. There is no registration form. Your prompt payment will ensure you have a reserved seat. Space is limited so please respond soon. You will receive driving directions (we are located on the Haw River in southern Orange county 20 minutes west of Chapel Hill) and more details about class a week prior to class.