Our Fall, 2018 List of Dinners will be Posted August 2018
At Peaceful River, our farm dinners are the pinnacle of our daily efforts. There is a great emphasis on our farm-fresh vegetables and berries as we harken back to simpler times of enjoying meal that is emblematic of a true farm meal. We normally begin at 5:30 pm on Sundays with our welcome reception in a casual farm setting including delicious, plant based appetizers. Guests will also take a tour of our farm and learn more about sustainable farming. Your delicious dinner will be served approximately at 6:30 pm on the deck overlooking the market gardens at a communal table where conversation and friendships blossom. We move into our cozy Education Barn if the weather is not cooperating.
Let us know if you are celebrating a special occasion!
- Our dinners are plant-based and focused on our sustainably grown vegetables, crafted with creative culinary finesse by our amazing chefs. Our farm focus is growing nutrient-dense, disease-fighting, and naturally delicious vegetables. We happily accommodate vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free requests, but please let us know prior to the meal of any specific dietary needs so we can happily make any adjustments.
- Farm dinners are $70 for plant-based dinners per person or $77 if you want to add our meat option. Payment is due at booking to ensure your confirmed reservations.
- Once registered, 1 week prior to the dinner, you will receive more details about the event including driving directions. Do feel free to contact us with any questions not answered here.
- Please bring your own sparkling beverage or wine, and we will provide a complimentary corking service.
- Each farm dinner will feature a welcome reception with plant based only appetizers, a seasonal and delicious non-alcoholic beverage then followed by a short farm tour. Once the tour has ended you will enjoy a healthy and delicious menu featuring our seasonal farm delicacies that is creatively prepared.
- In nice weather dinners will be served on the deck overlooking the serene market gardens.
- On cooler, high heat or rainier evenings we serve dinner in our comfortable heated/air conditioned Education Barn.
Where we are located
Peaceful River Farm is an inspiring setting for a farm experience with friends and family or to meet new folks. We are located on the Haw River in southern Orange county 20 minutes west of Chapel Hill, on New Light Trail, an easy and enjoyable drive in the country. We are a working farm can not encourage unexpected individual visits so if you’d like to visit prior to the dinner please email us to ensure it would be a good time. Once you are registered we will provide precise directions to our farm 1 week ahead of your reserved dinner date.
Farm dinner bookings are non-refundable, but we welcome transfers to friends and family. Please let us know their details, and we hope you’ll join us another time. In the case of a waiting list, we will refund your booking when another person accepts your spot. We are not a restaurant and prepare the dinners just for you. If there is no waiting list, we’re sorry that we cannot issue a refund. In the event a dinner needs to be postponed by Peaceful River Farm, due to unforeseen circumstances, you can switch your reservation to the make-up date, if one is scheduled, or to a future farm dinner.
We take great pride in serving our farm fresh produce and dishes that are made just for you. Our dinners are a unique plant based, dining experience, not a restaurant. We offer a set menu. If you have dietary restrictions or are food adverse to a particular fare, let us know when you register, as we most likely can accommodate you.