At Peaceful River, our farm dinners are the pinnacle of our daily efforts. There is a great emphasis on our farm-fresh vegetables and berries as we harken back to simpler times of enjoying meal that is emblematic of a true farm meal. We begin usually at 5:30 pm on Sundays with our welcome reception in a casual farm setting including delicious, plant based appetizers. Guests will also take a tour of our farm and learn more about sustainable farming. Your delicious dinner will be served approximately at 6:30 pm on the deck overlooking the market gardens at a communal table where conversation and friendships blossom. We move into our cozy Education Barn if the weather is not cooperating.
Let us know when registering if you are celebrating a special occasion!
- Our dinners are plant-based and focused on our sustainably grown vegetables, prepared with creative culinary finesse. Our farm focus is growing nutrient-dense, disease-fighting, and naturally delicious vegetables. We happily accommodate vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free requests, but please let us know prior to the meal of any dietary needs so we can happily make the adjustments.
- Farm dinners are $68 for plant-based dinners per person or $75 if you want to add our meat option (not offered on October 1st or October 15th, 2017). Our dinners are crafted for a vegetarian palette, but we offer a meat option to accommodate tastes of all kinds. Payment is due at booking.
- Once registered, you will receive more details about the event including driving directions a few days prior to the dinner.
- Please bring your own sparkling beverage or wine, and we will provide a complimentary corking service.
- Each farm dinner will feature a welcome reception and farm tour, a healthy and delicious menu featuring seasonal farm delicacies, and wonderful cuisine creatively prepared.
- In nice weather dinners will be served on the deck overlooking the serene market gardens.
- On cooler, high heat or rainier evenings we serve dinner in our comfortable heated/air conditioned Education Barn.
Where we are located
Peaceful River Farm is an inspiring setting for a farm experience with friends and family or to meet new folks. We are located on the Haw River in southern Orange county 20 minutes west of Chapel Hill, an easy and enjoyable drive in the country. We are a working farm can not encourage unexpected individual visits so we don’t publicly give our address out. Once you are registered we will provide precise directions to our farm well ahead of your reserved dinner date.
Farm dinner bookings are non-refundable, but we welcome transfers to friends and family. Please let us know their details, and we hope you’ll join us another time. In the case of a waiting list, we will refund your booking when another person accepts your spot. If there is no waiting list, we’re sorry that we cannot issue a refund. In the event a dinner needs to be postponed due to unforeseen circumstances, you can switch your reservation to the make-up date, if one is scheduled, or to a future farm dinner.
We take great pride in serving the freshest produce and dishes that are made just for you. Our dinners are a unique plant based, dining experience, not a restaurant. We offer a set menu. If you have dietary restrictions or are food adverse to a particular fare, let us know when you register, as we most likely can accommodate you.